Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana 2020
New Delhi, March 27, 2020
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana 2020 announced on 26 March 2020 after second day of lockdown in India. The finance minister announce this scheme for 80 crore people of India.
Some bloggers write about this package which was announced on March 26, 2020. The headline news is as:
Rs 1.70 lakh crore relief package announced for the poor to help them fight against Corona Virus in India.
Indian is under lockdown for next 21 days. The lockdown has started on 25 March. It will end on 14th April 2020. If all will be well then all business will be operated as past otherwise people may relax more inside home.
During the Lockdown, nobody can go to work. It means they have no earning option so people will be stayed at home without earning, because their business has closed during this period.
In these days, labour and daily workers will be in big problems so the prime minister has announced a relief fund Rs. 1.7 lac crore.
80 crore people will get benefit by PM Graib Kalyan Yojana 2020.
There are some features, everyone has to understand.
- Insurance cover of Rs 50 Lakh per health worker fighting COVID-19 to be provided under Insurance Scheme
- 80 crore poor people will to get 5 kg wheat or rice and 1 kg of preferred pulses for free every month for the next three months
- 20 crore women Jan Dhan account holders to get Rs 500 per month for next three months
- Increase in MNREGA wage to Rs 202 a day from Rs 182 to benefit 13.62 crore families
- An ex-gratia of Rs 1,000 to 3 crore poor senior citizen, poor widows and poor disabled
- Government to front-load Rs 2,000 paid to farmers in first week of April under existing PM Kisan Yojana to benefit 8.7 crore farmers
- Central Government has given orders to State Governments to use Building and Construction Workers Welfare Fund to provide relief to Construction Workers
Source: PIB Gov Website